Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Sunday Nov 28 - [1864]

Sun coming out bright
buy tonic for my self &
Tom. Drew Bread & Soup
this morning walked up
to the grove and minister
and a lady came in camp
and held a little service
it was pleasant to see
a lady once again &
to think of her a coming
in such a hole as this
after noon the Doctor
came about 4 and told
me if I would bring
my friend right a
long he had a place
for him in the brick
building so Dick Moore
helped me to get him in
and he thanked us and
gave and ambrotype a
piece of watch chain &
a gold pen to bring
home with him. I said
I would do so, I wanted
to stay with him but
he said no as I had
enough to do to take
care of my self -- stay
a while, and he asked
his Savior to Relieve
him of his pain. I left
him at dark

No comments:

Post a Comment